The pandemic has created people more sensitive about hygiene. The common thing that dentists in Washington DC do is that while maintaining hygiene, people should consider taking care of their oral health. A regular oral checkup to Dentist Alexandria can save you from a lot of expenses at the medications if you take care of your teeth and mouth. A healthy mouth makes a healthy person. Along with eating junk there are many things that could affect the health of your mouth. There are some simple ways of cleaning your mouth. Blessing, brushing and cleaning your teeth with utmost care is the key element of oral hygiene.
But, even after being a key element people don’t know how to do it in the right way.
Following steps are the right way of brushing and flossing –
- Brush your teeth gently, with a soft bristle brush, don’t forget to clean all the sides with fluoride toothpaste. Always change the brush within 3 to 4 months.
- Then, clean your teeth in short back and forth strokes circular motion. While brushing around the gum line, you should be more careful. If your bumps are bleeding or having trouble or hurt while brushing teeth, show them to your dentist. Such situations come up in some cases of gum diseases, etc.
- Then, when cleaning your tongue using a scraper or a brush gently for cleaning.
- The flossing should be done either with dental floss, pre-thread flossers, water flossers or going for similar products. Always clean your teeth in between with floss. Flossing helps in clearing all the particles from your teeth. As any leftover food can risk your teeth to decay.
- Rinse your mouth well after doing all of these.
Note – In some conditions or arthritis people find it hard to move the hand in certain motions. They could for a battery or electrical toothbrush, or one with a large handle or at least you can also attach a brush by any band on your hand.