When you choose the traditional braces treatment for your teeth, you allow your orthodontist to stick pieces of metal into your mouth. Now those pieces might not be very comfortable or pleasing to look at, but they certainly work effectively in achieving your desired outcome. So, what if we tell you that you can achieve the same but without going through the procedure of traditional braces?
With additional attachments like buttons and elastics applied to the aligner, orthodontists have many more options than just relying on the traditional ones. One such method is Invisalign aligners. Also known as invisible aligners, the treatment has revolutionised the entire orthodontics industry with its modern solution. They provide an invisible solution for people struggling to have straight teeth.
How Effective Is Invisalign?
One of the most common misconceptions held by masses is that the aligners only work for issues requiring minor shifts and changes. This alternative to metal braces wasn’t initially believed to be that effective until its results were analysed. What others fail to realise is how Invisalign can correct some of the severe orthodontic problems also that only metal braces can address. This solution is effective for a vast multitude of teeth alignment problems. From extended teeth to crooked ones, Invisalign can treat multiple alignment issues if followed properly.
However, the best choice for tooth alignment will be to have your orthodontist examine your teeth and then diagnose the appropriate solution to maintain your pretty smile.
How Do They Work?
Unlike traditional braces with wires to push or pull teeth as per the required structure, Invisalign uses a sequence of multiple plastic aligners to adjust the teeth into the most optimal alignment. your orthodontist will first form a course for your treatment and then take a 3D measurement of your teeth to determine the changes needed for straightening your teeth.
Once the plan gets ready, you’ll be getting your first set of aligners custom fit to the shape of your jaw. And then the same step with a different set of aligners will get continue till the end of your treatment.
Things Not To Do With Invisalign
- Don’t get them dirty – Have no other drink except water when your Invisalign aligners are in. Any pigmented food item or soda drink can leave stains on your Invisalign, thus harming their physical coating.
- Don’t scratch them – Be careful while handling them. Aligners won’t last the length of your treatment of they get scratches or marks by pulling them out suddenly.
- Never forget to brush – Always brush and floss after having any meal to keep both your teeth and your aligners bacteria-free. Rinse teeth with warm water to avoid chances of developing any cavity.
- Don’t rush the treatment – Teeth have a tendency to fall out with time when a treatment is not completed under proper guidelines. Tooth resorption or shrinkage are some of the effects of rushed treatment.
- Don’t eat without removing them first – Before having any food, safely take out your aligners and store them safely. Having a meal with invisaligners on can break them apart.
- Don’t play – Getting comfortable with your aligners require some time. Till then, avoid harming your aligners. They are given to support the teeth and playing with them will not ensure their long-lasting life.
For more information regarding this modern teeth-straightening solution, contact Cosmo Smiles Dental care today only.