Maintaining a good dental hygiene can prevent one from many diseases
Oral hygiene is very necessary, not just because it helps to maintain attractive white teeth, but also because it improves your overall health. Maintaining a good dental hygiene can prevent one from many diseases which surprisingly even include major diseases such as heart diseases, Diabetes. It also prevents bad mouth odor, enamel erosion, tooth sensitivity, teeth infection, gum related conditions. An American survey revealed that more than 60% of Americans suffer from gum diseases and gum diseases link to heart diseases. This is all the reason you need to start practicing a better hygiene routine for your teeth and mouth. Aside from visiting your dentist often, we bring to you a few dental health tips that you can add to your oral hygiene routine to boost your health.
The tips for Dental Hygiene.
● Brush your teeth twice a day, preferably after you wake up in the morning and before you sleep at night. Use a toothpaste that suits the condition of your teeth the most and make sure you change your toothbrush after every 3-4 months. Brushing the teeth not just maintains the health of your teeth but also boosts the gum’s health.
● Use a mouthwash to rinse your mouth. This kills/controls harmful bacteria in your mouth that may lead to gum diseases such as gingivitis or spread cavities in teeth.
● When we chew food, particles of food get caught up between teeth. These particles if stuck for long, act as a reservoir for Bacteria that can cause teeth sensitivity, erosion of enamel and cavities. Thus, floss properly after a meal to get rid of these food particles.
● Schedule an appointment with your dentist every 6 months.
● Increase foods in your diet that promote the health of your teeth. These items include raisins, coconut oil, cranberries and foods rich in vitamins.
● Avoid intake of food that is extremely cold or extremely hot or contains too much sugar such as candies, soft drinks, and chocolate. Sugary food items can cause cavities and tooth sensitivity. Soda as acid, cause enamel erosion and thus cavities.
● Research shows that smokers experience tooth related problems much more than nonsmokers do. Quitting the habit of smoking is the best way of maintaining your dental health.
Diabetes cause slow healing so can be a source of deep pockets and gum inflammation and periodontal disease.
A study says mouth is full of bacteria and if oral hygiene is not maintained, they can be a source of heart-related conditions and flaring up of conditions in heart patients including Endocarditis. Maintaining your regular hygiene visits are most important for your overall well-being.
● Ask your dentist to prescribe for you a fluoride rinse that you can use at home. Fluoride rinse helps to protect the teeth from breaking down when you eat too much of sugary or acidic food. It helps reduce chances of tooth decay or cavity and also reduces the pain caused by teeth sensitivity.
● Use a tongue scraper to prevent bad breath and it improves the ability of your taste buds. Tongue scrapers also remove any toxins or bacteria from your mouth that may lead to serious problems later on.
● Sealants last for a long time, about 5 to 10 years and these prevent the teeth at the back of your mouth from getting decayed.
● If you have braces on your teeth, make sure you keep them clean always.
Teeth are an important part of our Body. Maintain your oral hygiene to maintain your overall well-being. Visit your Dentist and maintain your regular dental visits. Brushing and Flossing are most important to maintain your healthy mouth. Use soft toothbrush with light pressure and fluoridated toothpaste. Use electric toothbrush for best results.
For appointments and inquiries about our veneers, Invisalign, dental implants, and other general and pediatric dentistry services, simply call 571-210-4747. http://cosmosmilesdental.com and https://www.facebook.com/cosmosmiles/