Dental implant surgery is considered as a safe procedure with fewer complications. But if you do not take care of certain things, the chances of bruising, infection, swelling and pain may increase. To avoid such side-effects, we have listed out some very important points:
- You must avoid hot and spicy food after the dental implant surgery. Irritation caused by spicy food can irritate the incision area. Tobacco and alcohol can hamper the healing process, so you must avoid them after surgery. Chewy and sticky food should also be avoided to prevent the development of infection.
- Increase the intake of Vitamin C and dietary fiber. Having yogurt, broth-based soups and oatmeal can be great options.
- Try not to touch the surgical area. Even while brushing, make sure that the incision site does not get disturbed.
- Use some water with a little salt to clean the mouth properly. This process can be repeated for two to three times a day. Disinfecting mouth is very important for oral hygiene.
- In case you feel any type of swelling or pain, use an ice pack for 20 minutes over the affected area.
- Avoid high-impact exercises as they can cause bruising or injury in the mouth.
- For best results and complete recovery, you must visit the dentist for regular check-ups and follow-up appointments. Regular visits help in monitoring and treating any kind of infection that is developing in mouth. Oral infections can spread in other parts of the body making the situation worse. So, visit the dentists regularly for smooth healing process.
To minimize the risks associated with the dental implant surgery, you should always consult best practitioners. To help you with all the problems related to oral hygiene, Cosmo Smile Dental have expert dentists. Book the appointment and get rid of all the worries!