Dental implant surgery is considered as a safe procedure with fewer complications. But if you do not take care of certain things, the chances of bruising, infection, swelling and pain may increase. To avoid such side-effects, we have listed out some very important points:
- You must avoid hot and spicy food after the dental implant surgery. Irritation caused by spicy food can irritate the incision area. Tobacco and alcohol can hamper the healing process, so you must avoid them after surgery. Chewy and sticky food should also be avoided to prevent the development of infection.
- Increase the intake of Vitamin C and dietary fiber. Having yogurt, broth-based soups and oatmeal can be great options.
- Try not to touch the surgical area. Even while brushing, make sure that the incision site does not get disturbed.
- Use some water with a little salt to clean the mouth properly. This process can be repeated for two to three times a day. Disinfecting mouth is very important for oral hygiene.
- In case you feel any type of swelling or pain, use an ice pack for 20 minutes over the affected area.
- Avoid high-impact exercises as they can cause bruising or injury in the mouth.
- For best results and complete recovery, you must visit the dentist for regular check-ups and follow-up appointments. Regular visits help in monitoring and treating any kind of infection that is developing in mouth. Oral infections can spread in other parts of the body making the situation worse. So, visit the dentists regularly for smooth healing process.
To minimize the risks associated with the dental implant surgery, you should always consult best practitioners. To help you with all the problems related to oral hygiene, Cosmo Smile Dental have expert dentists. Book the appointment and get rid of all the worries!
Do you also find yourself struggling due to a gap present between your teeth? If yes, then you might be up for Dental Bridges treatment before this trouble turns into a pain. This gap between teeth can result in the shifting of other teeth, giving an uncomfortable bite pattern and a smile that you’ll not be comfortable in flaunting. Hence, to cure such troubles, dental bridges are seen as common and effective dental treatment.
In order to improve comfort and accomplish the results you might expect in dental treatment, it’s important to visit experienced local dentists like the ones at Cosmo Smiles Dental. From Dental Bridges to the tooth fillings in Arlington VA, from us, you can expect precise and gentle treatments created for patients with the view of the highest quality of aesthetically pleasing and Tooth Fillings in Arlington VA.
What Is A Dental Bridge?
It is a dental restoration procedure performed in order to replace damaged teeth. It involves the anchoring of artificial teeth in the mouth by placing them to adjacent teeth or to an implant. The purpose of a dental bridge treatment is to ensure proper functioning and appearance of the teeth like a natural one, especially when multiple consecutive teeth are absent.
When To Get A Dental Bridge
Whether you’re looking forward to tooth extraction due to decay, or you’ve damaged a tooth beyond repair, you will need treatment to close the absence it leaves through its damage. Leaving an empty space of tooth in the mouth can make the remaining teeth and bone to shift drastically. Thus, one left untreated for a long period of time it can cause problems that might burn a hole in your pocket later.
While an implant is generally identified as the optimal solution for tooth replacement, it can be quite expensive. A dental bridge may be the right option in such a case.
Cosmo Smiles is passionate about what it does and the experts here are dedicated to providing the highest quality of care. If you have any additional questions feel free to contact us.